Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Giving Back

This portrait session was a reminder of how precious life is and that cherishing it every day should be lived with each breath.  



  
I am one of the luckiest people in the world.  Beyond having a roof over my head, food on my plate at night and a family who loves me more than words, I am living my passion as a photographer.  I didn't realize how my passion could make an impact.

  

Recently, I was able to capture the last few days of a strong woman's life. I offered to take portraits of my friend Melaine's Mom and family. Melanie's Mom is losing her battle with cancer.


Believe me, she has put up one fight and is making the most of every last moment here.  Even the day that Dana and I were there to take portraits, despite the weight of session, Melanie and her family resonated with love... cherishing each moment.  


It was our pleasure to spend the afternoon with them, giving back.  I told Melanie that her session was for free and a CD of the images were hers - What price tag do you put on capturing such precious moments?  







Thank you to Melanie for allowing us to be part of such an important moment.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment