Friday, July 4, 2014

{ Friday's Favorite Things - God Bless America } || Evans, GA Newborn Photography

On this Friday, July 4th, I thought it was appropriate to tell you about one of my most favorite things... being an American; being born in this incredible country of ours - The United States of America; having a passport that confirms I am an American; believing that I could not do what I am doing in many other countries around this world; knowing that there is no other place I could possibly live than right here on American soil.  

Swaddled newborn baby laying in a brown fur blanket with an Army hat on their leg.

And I am really, really cheesy about it, too - my heart swells when our national anthem plays and I have tears in my eyes; I dress in red, white and blue on any national holiday and until they say I should do otherwise, I dress my children in red, white and blue, too.

Mother, father and child together.  Father is in a United States Military uniform and child is in military fatigues


I love a good, old hometown American parade and fireworks show.  I WILL join in with any U-S-A chant that is happening.

Newborn baby girl sleeping on her father's United States Navy cover.

I have traveled to other countries and when the plane touches down back in the U.S.A, I beam with pride, because I know that being an American is a privilege; having our freedoms and living in this incredible country has come with a heavy price.  Many of my relatives have been or are still in active military duty, including my own father.
  
Black and white image from 1960s of Anthony Jackson, a member of the United States Army.
My Father, Anthony Jackson, a member of the United States Army.
I thank every military person in uniform that I see for their service, too.  Some of the most treasured portraits I have taken are of military spouses and their children, but while I am taking them, I know that in a few weeks or days, one of the spouses is headed out for deployment, protecting and serving this incredible country.  

Side profile of United States military father in uniform holding newborn baby girl at waist level.

So, on this 4th of July, I say, "Thank you" to everyone who has served or is currently serving our country.  I also say, "God Bless the USA!"

Find out more about how I am "Caputring Life's Beautiful Moments" in Augusta, GA; Evans, GA and Martinez, GA; Aiken, SC; Edgefield, SC and North Augusta, SC by visiting my website www.MaryBethsPhotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment