Friday, August 1, 2014

{Friday's Favorite Things - Home } || North Augusta, SC Newborn and Family Photographer

After a summer filled with travel to places all along the East Coast - literally, my family and I traveled from Florida to Massachusetts with many stops in between from June until last weekend - I had to take a moment to appreciate what I have been enjoying this week... HOME!  

Glass jar with pieces of folded white paper.


Don't get me wrong, we had a F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S summer filled with so much love, joy and adventure, but as Dorothy says during her final adventure in Oz, "There is no place like home".  

Basket full of fresh peaches.

Red cherry tomatoes on the vine.

Sweet Georgia peaches from our local farmstand and home grown tomatoes from our garden taste even better when sitting around our dining room table with my family chatting about the news of the day.  



Red topped dining room table with 2 black chairs and 4 white chairs.

I couldn't believe how excited I have been to simply look around at all the handy work my husband has been doing, some of which I hadn't stopped to appreciate while we were traveling.  How incredible to cuddle up with the family in our bed to watch a movie and lean against the hard work of my partner-in-crime and best friend who made our headboard, my husband, Brett. 


Blue painted master bedroom with handmade pallet headboard.

I have admired our front door this week so much and I think that might be because the most important treasures in my life find so much comfort behind that door and so do I. 

Black front door with a cursive letter "C" hanging from a decorative bow.

Crock pot and coffee machine on a kitchen counter.

My crock pot was actually hugged this week when we returned home, because I have missed making meals in it for my family and I have chosen to stop and smell the roses - literally and figuratively - this week because they were blooming so beautifully and I needed to catch my breath as I got caught up on life in our home.  


Three yellow roses in full bloom in the sunshine.

And last, but not least, I forgot how much time, effort and love was put into choosing our wall display portraits and I have loved snuggling on the couch with my children, my husband and our dog and looking over to see the most important parts of my heart and soul staring back at me.  Life is so good and I am so thankful.  

Find out more about how I am "Capturing Life's Beautiful Moments" in Augusta, GA; Evans, GA and Martinez, GA; Aiken, SC; Edgefield, SC and North Augusta, SC by visiting my website www.MaryBethsPhotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment